Friday, October 19, 2007

it's a...nice day for white wedding


So. The Boy and i are getting hitched in 8 days. as you can see from the photo to the left, we are having a disney wedding and let me tell you something here. it is sooooo much easier to let disney take care of everything. this was the best choice we could have made. besides each other.
The Boy and i met when we worked at the same company. he worked as a carpenter and built doors and i sat on my ass and pretended to work when all i really did is play tetris all day. he and i had a mutual friend that pretty much fixed us up and it was very much like high school. "do you like him?" "do you like her?" eventually he asked for my phone number and i gave it to him sans area code not realizing that he did not have a local cell phone. so when he called, he got some funky message and thought that i had blown him off. meanwhile... i waited for him to call and thought that he had blown me off. after realizing what had happened we had a good laugh and decieded to go out on a date. we've been together ever since.
no this is not my first marriage, i can tell you this... God willing, it will be my last. and the best thing is that disney is handling everything. with my first wedding, i was lucky in that i am from a small town and was married in my home church and most of the town went to my church so they would cut me a break. i.e. a discount on the flowers and groomcake and i didn't have to pay for the rental for the church and i only had to pay 1/2 price for the reception hall (but that was because there was going to be a class reunion that night and they were just going to use my decorations). but even with all that help, it was still expensive and stressful and tedious to coordinate all of the elements that make up a wedding. like music and flowers and photography and stuff. some of my friends performed and my aunt played the piano, so that was ok. also, i had a bagpiper and that was cool. the flowers... well, the florist went on a church retreat and left his minions in charge and they duded out the church in these beautiful tropical flowers. only problem was that my colors were pastels. my mom was so upset that she cried. and for that i made the minions cry and then redo the whole thing. and to top it all off, my photographer was a total natzi bitch. if i wasn't minding my p & q's, i'd have knocked her in the head with my stilletto.
but i don't have to worry about any of those crazy things with this wedding. disney has it all under control. and for a pretty resonable price everything from the site rental to the champange toast is covered. we have our site (sea breeze pointe at the boardwalk), our flowers (white calla lilies tied with a blue satin ribbon with blue crystals decorating the flowers), the music (a violinist), a photographer (they will send the proofs in a book, put the proofs on a website for us and package the photos we choose into a personalized wedding album), a limo (for 5 hours), and the reception food (marble cake with raspberry mousse and buttercream icing and sparkling cider -- we didn't want the champange). and the coordinator is handling everything. i don't have to worry my pretty little head about anything.
as for the reception, we are going to have a progressive dinner around the worlds at Epcot. much fun will be had by all. so... all that said, my next post will be made after we get back from honeymoon, and i will tell you all about it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really wish I could be there but it just isn't possible. I am so glad that you found an awesome Boy and that your wedding plans are going well. I love you girl and I am so proud of you. Please let me know how everything goes and I am going to call you sometime this week and bother. I wish you nothing but happiness and joy and I will try to come out and see you soon. I love you and Congratulations!!!!!

Bear and ZaZu